2.26.2012

weight loss report

It hasn’t been all fun and games. Since the beginning of the year I have consistently restricted my daily caloric intake to 1200 or less calories. The only exception being my birthday—which I looked forward to for a week, dreaming about which cocktail I would order. 1200 calories is quite a lot of food. If you prepare all your meals, as I have been doing, it’s really not a problem to stick to the plan. What really gets tough, though, is GOING OUT!! I have put event attending to a minimum, and the ongoing Friday-night-dinner-series has been cancelled for the time being. Wine tastings are easy to get through, no swallowing allowed. At the Serafina opening I did not drink, and had exactly one bite of the two pastas, plus one small slice of pizza (I waited an hour for it!). Things would be a lot easier if my days were not packed with constant reminders of what I am missing. If I’m not designing a cookbook filled with luscious photos of food, I am on my Facebook page where I am surrounded by fantastic chefs and mixologists showing off their wares. Friends want to catch up, meet for drinks, have dinner. Don’t get me started with email! It seems like every 15 minutes another new product, restaurant, spirit, or festival is beckoning. But the good news is, due to working out like a mad woman, I am nearly halfway to my goal! And my clothes, once tight, are now hanging a bit. So, for the mean time, food and drink will have to remain a wistful musing. 

3 comments:

  1. Things would be a lot simpler if my days were not full of constant reminders of what I am missing. I am nearly halfway to my goal! And my clothes, once tight, are now hanging a bit.
    hediye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28.6.12

    Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, awesome site!
    My website: teset

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to hear that! thanks for stopping by and reading! ellen

      Delete