3.11.2010

Hibiscus Superflower Teas: cocktails with benefits

My cousin’s boyfriend had a birthday, and I was recruited to come up with a signature cocktail for the event. I thought it would be a great opportunity to incorporate some new hibiscus teas that I had come across. The Republic of Tea makes 5 flavors, and with Hibiscus and Blueberry being my favorite, it was chosen to go into the mix. Paulina, my cousin, bought some beautiful pitchers, with centers where fruit could be added. The sweetened tea went into a mix of Pom Juice, Vodka, Muddled Blueberries, Cointreau, and lots of freshly squeezed lime juice. It made for a lightly sweet drink, heavy on the antioxidants, with a punch to it (the vodka), so it was named The JAB (which happen to be the initials of the birthday boy). More pics of the party here.

No comments:

Post a Comment