Try this RAW dairy-free recipe from Executive Chef Gavin Baker of Tuhaye Table Cafe at The Talisker Club:
4 organic zucchini, unpeeled
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1 1/2 cups raw pine nuts
2-inch section unpeeled zucchini, chopped
2 TBS lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups plain soy milk
2 TBS fresh thyme
1/4 of small red hot chili pepper
1 TSP Sea salt
Fresh ground white pepper to taste
1. Trim the ends of the zucchini and pass over a mandolin set with a fine julienne blade. The result will be zucchini that looks like noodles. Spread the noodles out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and allow to dry slightly at room temperature for one hour.
2. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a blender and process until smooth.
3. Pass through a chinoise and reserve until needed.
4. When ready, toss the “noodles” with the “alfredo” and divide into four equal portions.
5. Garnish with the sun-dried tomatoes and basil tops.
For more information about The Talisker Club, see OUT AND ABOUT.