8.08.2010

Montreal Report: Le Club Chasse et Peche

Join the Club I fell in love with this restaurant, for it’s allusion to a hunting lodge with casually set up lighting and a round dining room within the space that made it seem like an old castle. It was painted a dark, dull shiny green throughout. Since we had eaten a bit around 5, we decided to have 5 appetizers instead of a main course. And I am glad we did. Sweetbreads, Chanterelles in a Crust, Scallops and Risotto came after our first bite: Fried Zucchini Blossoms. The tomatoes in this particular dish tasted like no tomato I had ever encountered. I asked the waiter if the chef could get in contact with me and share his recipe. Voila! It appeared instantly on the scene, in French, and translated by Philip our waiter. It involved a sous vide technique, that can be tricky, but if you know how to do this, I highly recommend it. It turned the tomato intensely sweet/sour. Here is the explanation: Remove skins from cherry tomatoes. Place into a vacuum-sealed bag with half Minus 8 vinegar and the other half a simple syrup made with sugar and mineral water. See all the dishes we had at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment