3.05.2011

Share the Love Party

I always like to make a big fuss when it comes to my birthday. This year I hosted the post-Valentine’s Day “Share the Love” party which featured a menu of savory treats disguised as cupcakes, lollipops and flowers. The color pink was woven into the theme, with other shocking pastels, which made for an atmosphere of pure gaiety. My friend Derek and I worked for three days shopping and preparing the food. Nima helped inspire the cocktail, named The Blush, which I made ahead of time in pitchers, and topped them up on the scene. See photos of the food and decoration from the party here.

THE BLUSH
1 part Vodka
3 parts Pink Lemonade
.5 part Lillet
.5 part Aperol
1 part Cranberry Juice
La Fee Orange Bitters to taste
To serve: Fill a glass halfway with mixture, then fill with Prosecco.

No comments:

Post a Comment